At Fireriskassessments.com we are dedicated to safeguarding and preserving your privacy when visiting our site or communicating electronically with us.
We do update this Policy from time to time so please do return and review this Policy regularly.
Information We Collect
In operating our website we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website, such as when you registered for information.
- Information provided to us when you communicate with us for any reason.
We may on occasion gather information regarding your computer whilst you are on our website. This enables us to improve our services and to provide statistical information regarding the use of our website to our website analysts where appropriate.
Similarly to the above, we may gather information about your general internet use by using a cookie file. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer automatically. This cookie file is stored on the hard drive of your computer as cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our website and the service that we provide to you and will be used for remarketing purposes. Cookies do store IP addresses, which under GDPR are classed as Personal data, this can be stored up to 10 years.
All computers have the ability to decline cookies. This can be done by activating the setting on your browser which enables you to decline the cookies. Please note that should you choose to decline cookies, you may be unable to access particular parts of our website.
Use of Your Information
The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our services to you. In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with information requested from us, relating to our service. To provide information on other services which we feel may be of interest to you, where you have consented to receive such information.
- To meet our contractual commitments to you.
- To notify you about any changes to our website, such as improvements or service/product changes, that may affect our service.
- To notify you of any legislation changes which may affect our service.
- For our legitimate interests – A legitimate interest is when we have a business or commercial reason to use your information, so long as this is not overridden by your own rights and interest.
If we have provided a service for you, we may contact you with information about an annual review/renewal of that service, or similar services to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you. We do this by post, email and telephone.
Further, we may use your data, or permit Trustpilot to use your data, so that you can be approached to review our service.
If you are a new customer, we will only contact you or allow third parties to contact you, when you have provided consent and only by those means you provided consent for.
If you do not want us to use your data for our third parties, you will have the opportunity to withhold your consent to this when you provide your details to us on the form on which we collect your data.
Please be advised that we do not reveal information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers but we may, on occasion, provide them with aggregate statistical information about our visitors.
Storing Your Personal Data
Data that is provided to us is stored on our secure servers. Details relating to any transactions entered into on our site will be encrypted to ensure its safety and it is deleted once transferred for processing to our servers.
Data will be stored up to 3 years after the final business transaction to allow for records to be revisited by a client, for either compliance or maintenance reasons. Data obtained for enquiries only, will be stored for up to three months and then deleted, to allow enquirers to revisit their original quotation.
Should you request that your information is deleted, we will process that within 5 working days, from all daily working systems. Our backup system does retain the information for a further 90 days to allow for errors to be rectified, after which no information can be restored.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically and transmission of such data is therefore entirely at your own risk. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password so that you can access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Disclosing Your Information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- Where we are legally required to disclose your information.
- To assist fraud protection and minimise credit risk.
- For our legitimate interests
Third Party Links
You might find links to third party websites on our website. These websites should have their own privacy policies which you should check. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.
Access To Information
- The GDPR provides the following rights for individuals:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
[email protected] or 0808 2524702
If you have any concerns that you don’t feel have been dealt with to your satisfaction by Fire Risk assessments.com, the supervisory authority for GDPR in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone: 0303 123 1113.